What is the fastest way to learn German?
What should you do to master the language quickly and effectively?
Often people are very impatient when learning the language and want to see results as soon as possible.
But first you need to know that nothing can help you understand and learn the structures of a foreign language as well as a language course. So please use our tips in combination with the lessons.
If you are looking for a German course with qualified teachers, you can find a suitable one for you here.
In everyday life there are enough opportunities to train different skills.
If you find that you are not yet strong enough in listening, try the following:
- Listen to the radio
- Listen to German music (check out our post on Instagram or listen to music lists we've created for rock, hip hop or Schlager on Spotify).
- Subscribe to podcasts
There are also numerous opportunities for this skill in everyday life.
- Read newspapers
- Subscribe to magazines
- Borrowing books from the library
Write to your friends in German as often as possible, even if it is only a short WhatsApp message. Try to avoid your mother tongue or your common language, e.g. English. You will definitely learn faster that way.
- Find like-minded people who also want to learn German and practise it just like you - e.g. with us at the accént language school, in a sports club or at university.
- If you live in Germany, try to have conversations in German as often as possible, whether it's shopping at the checkout or making small talk with your neighbours.
- We regularly organise discussion evenings where you can also exchange ideas on a specific topic. You can send us a request by email.
We wish you every success in your studies and hope to see you soon at accént!